New Lounger
    Thanks

Creating different Header footer within same doc. (Word2002)

Hi,

I am running Word 2002 on Windows 2002. How do I configure my document to create a first page with one type of header/footer and subsequent pages with different header/footers? I know I have to configure some sort of break but I am not sure what kind.

Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating different Header footer within same doc. (Word2002)

I found my answer, but wanted to post it in case anyone had the same question [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

From the word tool bar select

Insert > Break >

Then select the 'Next Page' Section break from the menu that appears.

You must also remove 'Same as previous' when creating your new header/footer in the new section.

Hope this helps someone! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating different Header footer within same doc. (Word2002)

Actually, if you only want a different first page header/footer, there's no need to insert a section break. In File -- Page Layout -- choose the Layout tab, and check the "Different First Page" box under Headers & Footers in the middle of the window.

You only need to insert section breaks if you want to use more complex header & footer arrangements. Also, be aware that you are not limited to only "Next Page" section breaks. I quite often use Continuous section breaks in my forms, where I don't know where the pages are going to break, so I don't want to force a page break prematurely. Just don't put a continuous section break at the very top of the page, adn keep in mind that the section settings won't take effect until the next page.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love