4 Star Lounger

Up or Down arrow if text in cell (Excel xp)

On the attached worksheet i need to concatenate an up or down arrow depending on a letter that appears underneath the cell and one to the left. Please see the explanation on the data worksheet.

I need to write a formula or macro on the data worksheet since the "csv" worksheet will be updated by cutting and pasting to it every period. Thank you again for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom

Re: Up or Down arrow if text in cell (Excel xp)

I have to admit to being somewhat confused by your spreadsheet notation. It's not 'All Fools Day' is it?

The following is a somewhat clunky, but working function for the FIRST test you want to perform:

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("A",C2&C3&C4&C5&C6&C7&C8&C9&C10&C 11&C12&C13&C14)),FALSE,TRUE)

This identifies if there is an "A" in any cell in Column C. If you need to refer to this test/formula several times, then you can put the formula into a single Cell, give that cell a name, e.g. 'ThereIsAnA', now in EACH cell where you want to perform this test, you can write something like:

Replacing the TRUE/FALSE with whatever values/formatting is required.

If you can try re-explaining some of the other tests you want to do, I'm sure there is a way.

Hope this helps.