Star Lounger
    Thanks

Open Startup Form at Last Saved Record (Access 2000 and Win XP Pro)

I have a startup form in my database set via Tools Startup that I would like to move to the last saved record so I don't have to hit new record and then go back one record to find out what I last entered in this form.

Is there an AutoExec macro I can run in combination with the startup setting that would accomplish this? I would appreciate your help in this.

Gary Hunt

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open Startup Form at Last Saved Record (Access 2000 and Win XP Pro)

I hope this database will never be very large. Otherwise, using a form bound to a recordset as your startup form can cause a very slow response when you open the database. If you still want to open with that form, you could use the Load event of the form to find the "last" record (however you are defining that record) and then set the form's bookmark to that record. The code for recordsetclone navigation has been posted numerous times in this board, so a Lounge Search should turn up some examples for you, including this post by <!profile=MarkD>MarkD<!/profile>.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open Startup Form at Last Saved Record (Access 2000 and Win XP Pro)

Thanks Charlotte for both of your replies. Will check these out. Thanks again.

Gary