4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Query Design Slow (WIN 2000 Acc 97)

Not a major issue, but if it isn't an Access issue, I can hound my network guys.
    On a couple of queries, when I click on 'Design', it takes 45 seconds to open. This happens whether there
    is anyone on the network or not. As usual with Access, I cannot really say there is a specific pattern to
    this action. Sometimes the query will open immediately (In design view) and sometimes it can take 45 seconds.

What should I be looking at as a possible cause?
    (If it ALWAYS opened slow, I would investigate criteria, indexes or relationships as possibilities, but it doesn't always
    open slow).

Thanks for reading this post - l look forward to any responses.

Michael

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Design Slow (WIN 2000 Acc 97)

Does this happen when you are going to design a new query or when you open an existing query in design view? If the former, I would definitely hound your network guys because I can't think of anything in Access that would cause this. If the latter, it still might be a network issue, but not is it is a particular query every time. I've never seen this behavior on or off a network except with a seriously corrupted or badly designed query. In that case, your best bet is to create a new query with the same structure from scratch.
    Charlotte