2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Import data from Access to Word in Office 2000 (Office 2000 SR 1a)

Howdy all. I'm attempting to import a list of addresses from my access database, to a Word document, for use as envelope labels. I use Avery 8160 labels. It's been 2 years since I've **successfully** done this (since I was working out of town, and had to do it by hand), and apparently, I need a reminder how to do this. I've tried to open the database in Word, but no go. I can't for the life of me remember how I set this up, can anyone provide guidance?? I've got until Saturday night to get this done, then I have to go back to Birmingham (AL.) to my job - sans 'puter. Thanks in advance,
    Mike.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import data from Access to Word in Office 2000 (Office 2000 SR 1a)

Hi Mike:
    In Word, Tools/Mailmerge. For step 1, create mailing labels. For step 2, browse for your database & make sure to link to the correct table, query, etc. Use the select method. Then set up your labels & merge.
    Cheers,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you want to fill address labels with data from an Access database, you don't need to import the data first. Select Tools/Mail Merge... and use the wizard to set your document up as address labels and to get the data from the Access database.

If you prefer to have the addresses in Word, display the Database toolbar (select View/Toolbars or right click any toolbar and click on Database). This toolbar has an Insert Database button.

If you need more instructions, post back; I'm sure someone will be happy to help you.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Use the fields you have and substitute them for the fields listed here.

Open Word
    H Lewton