Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Selecting Recipients (97/XP)

Until recently when I wanted to mass mail a message I could click on the first name in an address book, drag the scroll bar elevator to the bottom and shift click on the last name to select everyone in between. Simple enough. Our Exchange server has since been updated to 2000. Now when the elevator is dragged to the bottom of the scroll bar it doesn't get anywhere close to to the end of the list of names. Instead, the down arrow must be used to maneuver to the bottom of the list and when you shift click to select the final name the message "The action could not be completed" displays. This is happening in both Outlook97 and XP. Does anyone have any idea what is going on and/or can suggest an alternate means of selecting all the names in an address book? Thanks for any help you can offer.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Selecting Recipients (97/XP)

We don't have Exchange 2000 so no direct experience. We're in the research stage, but I haven't seen anything about this behavior. Chances are pretty good that your Site has a distribution list for all accounts. You could use it. If you don't see it, it's more likely that you don't have rights and need to ask that it be made available to you.

We only allow a few people to have access to DLs with that scope, so your admin may give you too a hard time. It might help to tell them you're doing the equivalent anyway, and a DL is much, much more efficient on server processing and storage.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Selecting Recipients (97/XP)

Tanya, I use Outlook 2002 (XP) on a 2000 Exchange Server, and had no problem selecting all the contacts in my address book by the method you described. Perhaps as OldDog suggests, this is a rights issue that you need to take up with your network administrator.

Unfortunately, I can't be much more help. While I have administrator rights, I was granted them only because I'm the most computer literate person in the firm. We rely heavily on outsourced experts to maintain this network.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love