Lounger
    Thanks

Read permissions (access 2002)

I have been setting up a company wide system. I have all my tables in one database. I have been deploying separate applications to users to input data or get reports these link to my "tables" db for the necessary tables. I am finding that In an application with multiple forms the same user can only see a lookup table in one of the forms, the same lookup is used for both forms, they get a "no read permissions " message on the second one. I'm baffled

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Read permissions (access 2002)

You haven't really provided enough detail to get much of an answer to your question. You're using 2002, but are you working with mdbs or mdes for front and back ends? Is access security in place on either the front or back end files? Do all your users have the necessary network permissions to the folder where the back end database resides? Are you trying to open both forms at once or only one at a time? Are your users opening the database exclusively or shared?
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Read permissions (access 2002)

I looked at all those variables to get back with you, as I was doing that another programmer suggested I go through every query and expression one more time. I had been cutting and pasting SQL statements for the lookups. For some reason every paste resulted in an appending to the statement of owner access required, I removed the offending appendix and all is good.