Thread: Win Me Restore

New Lounger
    Thanks

Win Me Restore

I had some kind of problem with modem setup - suddenly wouldn't dial up. I thought I would Restore to an earlier config to see how that was set up. When I did System Restore using Me it took a very long time (I left it overnight in the end) and now NAV 2001 "can't find its antivirus files database". How long should a Restore take and should I have a problem with NAV? If so how to fix it?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win Me Restore

I'm certainly not the Window ME expert, but I did have to use the Restore function a couple of weeks ago. It worked just fine, and took only slightly longer than a cold reboot.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

New Lounger
    Thanks

A few comments:
    1) If your modem stopped dialing up. I would first do a reboot before doing a restore.
    2) I used Windows ME restore a couple of days ago and it took only about a minute and worked fine.
    3) I would uninstall and then reinstall NAV.

Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I did a number of restore and unrestores last night and they all worked in less than five minutes, so the first one must have been something special. Fixing the original problem involved installing the modem three times and selectively uninstalling two until I had a working one left.