Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE 6 SP1 hangs (SP1)

I have upgraded to the latest edition of IE 6. I think it is SP1. After using IE for a while, it becomes unresponsive unless I reboot the computer. Interestingly, during this time when I go to my home page on excite, the page that comes up is the generic home page, not mine. When I checked the settings for IE the Temporary Internet File folder is set to zero! I cannot change the setting until I reboot. Any help?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE 6 SP1 hangs (SP1)

You might check to see what programs are running at the same time as you may be running out of resources. As far as the home page, you might check <!post=this post,189171>this post<!/post> to see if it gives you any hints.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Gottleib--

When you go to Tools>Internet Options>General tab, is the address the general url that you are reset to--or is it blank, and what happens if you reset it to the page you want, click apply>OK and reboot?

defrag

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The setting is not changed i.e it is still www.excite.com, but it is not reading the cookie to set it to my page. Recently I unchecked the box to use Messenger in Outlook (not Outlook Express), and it seems to have fixed my whole system. There is no delay in opening outlook emails and IE has not crashed in two days. I had previously unchecked Messenger in Add new Windows programs. Thanks for your reply.