New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2k maintain (O2K SP2)

Woody had an article explaining in detail how to start a new .pst file and import contacts and calendar info into the new .pst file. I have been bumbling around in the archive search engine lookikng for the aforementioned article and cant seem to find any reference to it.... does anybody know which issue I am looking for?
    THanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2k maintain (O2K SP2)

If you're asking about recovering large pst/ost files, it's issue 7.51 from 11/06. Otherwise, can you be a little more specific? There's about 45 issues that mention pst, going back to June of 2000.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. The article you referenced was not the one I was looking for...but it did refer me to the WOMM newletter that contained the info i needed. Thanks again.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Maybe he pulled it because all the outlook experts thought it was the stupidest recommendation and causes more problems than it fixes? You'll lose custom views, forms etc when you make a new pst and it doesn't really protect you from anything. The full details of what all is lost when you make a new pst are at http://www.slipstick.com The pst is not fragile - i used the same pst for some 3 years (and through 2 betas) without problems.

it's also not a good idea to use scanpst routinely. It can introduce problems where none exist.