Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing public folders as netfolders

I'm running Exchange 5.5 in the office, and Outlook 2000 at home. I'm trying to share a public contacts folder (with myself at home, so I have all our company contacts available to my Outlook at home. It won't let me do this. Am I doing something wrong? (I mean, in a technical sense, not a business or moral sense! I'm network administrator and have all the necessary network permissions) It works fine the other way - everyone on the network has access to my home contacts and personal diary via netfolders -- but there appears to be no way to share public folders to my home machine via email. Can anyone advise?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing public folders as netfolders

netfolders won't work on PF or the default Exchange mailbox folders. They are buggy anyway. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] Do you have VPN, RPC or IMAP access to the server from home? With either VPN or straight RPC, you can connect directly and copy the folder or use an OST (it's generally easier than working online) If you have IMAP, try the insight connector from bynari - I think it might let you share the folder, but i'm not 100% sure since it's a PF.