Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Moving Clipart libraiy(s) to new computer (97 ==> XP)

Could anyone please advise on a good way to move a large amount of downloaded Clipart and the categories/indexes
    <UL><LI>from a Windows 98 SE computer running Powerpoint from Office 97
    <LI>to a Windows XP computer running Powerpoint from Office XP/2002[/list]when these have all been downloaded to whatever the Default Location is (how does one find this?!)
    without screwing up whatever Clipart may be found in Office XP?

Thanks!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving Clipart libraiy(s) to new computer (97 ==> XP)

John, when using PPT 97 clipart, were you taking it from the CD or had you transferred all 4,500 images + those from the web to the hard drive of your machine? In my case moving between machines (home 98SE) and work XP/2000, I simply copied all my clipart onto a cd rw and grab whatever I need right off the disc. Don't know if this helps you, but maybe worth thinking about.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I'm actually working at second-hand, because it's my partner who does this!

She puts in the Office 97 SBE CD 2 when she wants the "standard" Powerpoint 97 clipart, and also seems to search a whole bunch of clipart downloaded from Design Gallery to wherever the default location happens to be on her hard disk, and it stays indexed/catalogued in categories "somewhere". I had a brief trawl through directories last night, but couldn't really determine where the downloaded clipart and the catalogue was stored. Hence my question! There doesn't seem to be the usual Tools/Options/Locations in Powerpoint as we all know and love in Word.

The "searchable categories" (such as Work, Male persons, Jobs, etc) into which the individual piece of clipart falls is at least as important as the picture itself, so if you can tell me how to maintain/set this up in PPT-XP, I'd be quite grateful, really!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That's difficult to answer because we all have our own way of saving images so we can find them again. No doubt your partner can locate what is wanted because it is saved in a known folder. Also I am sure you know clipart is not a picture its a WMFextension, maybe do a search for WMF all files, it might show you where to locate them. Do you have PPT 2000, or are you still only wanting to transfer the 97 clipart?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The downloaded clipart would have been saved to (and retrieved from) whatever is the "Default Location".

Am I right in thinking that stuff from Microsoft's Design Gallery will get catalogued, together with the stuff that comes on the CD?

I will have to see what Powerpoint 2002 has in it, now that the new computer's just been delivered ...

Ita, esto, quidcumque...