Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Personal Emails (Outlook 2000)

I am trying to find a way of distinguishing between personal and business emails, if the email is personal the a different disclaimer gets added to the top or bottom of the email. The way I thought it could be done was through outlook templates. I was intending to create a template for personal emails with the correct disclaimer at the bottom but I can't seem to do it.

The other way I thought of doing it was to Prefix the subject field with the word PERSONAL but make it so that the user either can't see it when they are typing the email or it is locked so that they can't delete it. By doing it this way we can use our email filtering software to apply the disclaimer based on the word personal in the subject field. But I could not get this to work properly on the template either.

Any ideas on how to do this or of a better way of doing it??

Thanks in advance

5 Star Lounger
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA

Re: Personal Emails (Outlook 2000)

Have you considered a stationery-based solution? You could create a stationery for each type of message, with the desired disclaimer already entered in the stationery file. Then, when creating a message use Actions | New Mail Message Using > | Personal or Business Stationery.

An alternate route would be to create a signature file containing the disclaimer, and then add the signature once you have created the mesage.
    Attached Images Attached Images