Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Messenger 'in-house' (WinXP)

I have two XPHome machines on a home network. We use a Motorola Surfboard cable modem for Internet access via Adelphia. Almost daily, we use Messenger to chat with our daughter and son-in-law in Oklahoma. Of course, I can chat from either computer, and my edress (XXXX@adelphia.net) appears in the Messenger window.

Now, suppose my wife and I use Messenger at the same time? All our messages will carry that one edress, right? Well, how do set it up so that we each appear with a different moniker? Do I have to set up a separate email account, or is there some other easier way?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Messenger 'in-house' (WinXP)

If you want to use two instances of Messenger at the same time, you'll definitely need two different accounts. Create a Hotmail account, even if you never intend to use it for email (ahem), and use that as your new sign-in ID for Messenger. Otherwise, Messenger will disconnect any established IM sessions when someone logs in at another computer with the same ID.

HTH,
    -Mark

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Messenger 'in-house' (WinXP)

Most cable companies allow more than one email addres from them. Check to see how many accounts you are paying for with your service. With ATTBI we get 5 accounts with a basic fee.

I found the following at their site.

How Many E-Mail Accounts can I have?
    Adelphia provides up to 4 e-mail accounts with your Adelphia Power Link Internet Service. To request your accounts, please visit our Account Management page.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.