Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Template Locations: Removing the 'delivered tabs'

You don't specify which version of Word. Starting with 2000, you must uninstall every template that is "on" a tab in order to make the tab disappear. The tabs no longer correspond to folders the way they did in Word 97 & earlier. If you search the Word forum for "templates" or "File/New", I believe you'll find some additional threads on this.
    Cheers,

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Template Locations: Removing the 'delivered tabs'

I understand Word very well, usually, but can't resolve this problem which I think is simple & I just have a mental block.

I use Word 2K and I want to "remove" the Microsoft delivered templates and wizards which clutter up the File new dialogue with, for me, unnecessary and useless things. I use a folder structure in the Workgroup Templates location to generate the tabs I want but I want to lose the tabs like "Legal Pleadings", "Letters and Faxes" etc. I have copied all the templates elsewhere so there is nothing in the delivered/installed location however I stll get the tabs?

Thanks

Re: Template Locations: Removing the 'delivered tabs'

By the way, when Phil says "uninstall," he means literally, using Office's installer, accessible via the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Previous posts on this board link to an article at microsoft.com describing how to remove them in greater detail if it isn't obvious from the dialog.