2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Master document (Office XP)

Hello gang,
    I have not used the Master document function in Word since Word 95 and it was the pits. I was just wondering if any of you have been trying it out in the new Office XP. Comments anyone?

jc

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Master document (Office XP)

Asking this question here is a bit like throwing a lighted match into a petrol station (gas station for people on the wrong side of the Atlantic).
    The general concensus is that you should only use master documents if you are prepared to occassionally lose all your data with no notice and no hope of recovery.

Search for master document to see earlier discussions. (I can't check the result of this search myself because the lounge seems not to want to let me search at the moment).

StuartR

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Master document (Office XP)

Hi Stuart,
    I knew this was a "sensitve" subject. I remember the disasters this option caused in Word 95. I thought that "maybe" it had been improved.
    Anyway, I have a client who wants a training session on Master documents among other things and I know the competition includes this function in its training. I will give the training to my client but will caution him on the potential explosion hasard this might be.

Thanks