New Lounger
    Thanks

E-mailing Photos (JPEG) (Outlook 2002)

Hi everyone,
    I am using Windows XP and Office XP Professional. I wanted to send a photo (JPEG file) via E-mail. I opened the

Thanks

Re: E-mailing Photos (JPEG) (Outlook 2002)

Was Outlook open at the time? If not, try repeating the procedure with it running and see if you still get an error message.

Thanks

There is a similar setting in Internet Explorer you could check, although I don't know whether it will help. Look under Tools|Internet Options...|Programs, E-mail.

New Lounger
    Thanks

When I first experienced this Outlook was not open but I thought of that too and did it with Outlook open ... it didn't make any difference. Could it be that there is some setting within Outlook that is blocking the attachment of the JPEG? Some security setting? Thanks Leif, for your suggestions.
    Lon

New Lounger
    Thanks

I checked the internet explorer settings and it was already set for Outlook for the email client. I'm wondering if it is some security setting that is getting in the way of attaching a photo file. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Lon

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 29-Nov-02 23:09. )</P>There are a lot of possible security issues when other program want to interact with Outlook. (Comment: In most cases, these are supposed to generate informative warnings rather than the type of error messages you describe.)

Hopefully you can rule out a problem with .JPG files themselves. If you start in Outlook by creating a message, can you use Insert|Attachment... (correction: Insert|File...) to attach the photo?

You might also be more suspicious of a problem with Windows XP, such as privileges. Are you logged in as an administrator?