wfjdi0r

Entering Formulas - =

Is there a way to enter simple formulas like b1+c1 or 150-25 without first entering an = sign?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Entering Formulas - =

The only way I know is +b1+c1 or +150-25 [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I susoect that doesn't help you much though.[img]/w3timages/icons/dizzy.gif[/img]
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Try: Tools / Options / Transition / Transition Formula Entry

Using the [img]/S/question.gif[/img] help button on the Options form states that this option:
    "Converts formulas entered in Lotus 1-2-3 release 2.2 syntax to Microsoft Excel syntax, and makes names defined in Microsoft Excel behave like names defined in Lotus 1-2-3."

Check the option box and type <font color=blue>1+2+3</font color=blue> into a cell and hit Enter, and Excel automatically insert a <font color=blue>=</font color=blue> into the formula and return a value of <font color=blue>6</font color=blue>, instead of returning the undesired text string.

This is good for entering simple formulas, but it can also cause some undesired results. This is particularly true when keying in dates or other numerical-looking data that contain operator-type characters. Keying <font color=blue>3/7/01</font color=blue> results in <font color=red>0.428571</font color=red> instead of the date; <font color=blue>800-555-1212</font color=blue> yields <font color=red>-967</font color=red>.

wfjdi0r

Thanks. That is what I was looking for.[img]/S/yep.gif[/img]