Lounger
    Thanks

new windows blank in IE6 (6.0)

I'm running IE6 under Win2K Pro with SP 3 installed. The following problem developed today for no reason that U can ascertain.: IE has no trouble following links in the same window, but if I right-click and select "Open in a New Window", the new window comes up blank. I searched thru this list, found #109678, "New Window Not Displaying (IE 5.5/Win 98)", and tried the suggestions I found there, with no success. For the nonce, I'm making Mozilla my default browser with Opera as a backup, but I'd like to fix this if I can since we do a good deal of development here that's specific to IE (using SharePoint, etc.). Any suggestions will be most welcome. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: new windows blank in IE6 (6.0)

Does this thread sound like the same underlying issue? Do Leif's links help?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: new windows blank in IE6 (6.0)

Jeff,
    Thanks very much. The first link did it (re-applying SP1). In retrospect, it even makes sense; I had farkled SP1 by installing a company-approved (customized) IE6 version and then forgetting to re-apply the service pack. And thanks, also, for your quick reply.
    John.