3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Safe Mode and Background Image Questions

Safe Mode: When I reboot, the system has starting going to the Safe Mode screen automatically; I don't enter anything or click the mouse. I can chose the "Normal" response and the system will continue to boot normally. Why is Win ME doing this?

Background: I have a scanned photo of my daughter that I use for the display background. Recently, after a system hang, it stopped displaying; however, when I shut down, it appears before the power off sequence completes. Similarly, when I start the system, the image appears during the start-up sequence but doesn't appear as the background on my desktop when startup is complete. Control Panel / Display / Background shows the correct image is selected. Whassup?

Thank you, to all who monitor this board and respond. I'd really be lost without your help.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Safe Mode and Background Image Questions

Usually when windows will not start normally, it will display an error message giving a hint as to why & then come up in the safe mode. Do you get any type of error message when you reboot??

Also, have you tried System Restore? The restore option as saved my butt many a time. START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, SYSTEM RESTORE, click next, on the calendar click a date to which you want to restore, click next, next, restore; system files are modified as needed & you pc will restart. (hopefully back to normal) You will not lose any data & if it doesn't work you can restore back again to your current setting.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Safe Mode and Background Image Questions

Bernie, thanks for the response.

I see no error message on reboot. I will try your Restart suggestion.

Thanks again,