New Lounger
    Thanks

Swapping data between fields. (Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), Win 98.)

I am a former ACT 2000 user. In ACT, I could query to display a group of contacts fitting certain criteria. I could then "swap" the contents of 2 fields for each of those contacts in one operation. I could also delete or move the contents of a field. Is there an equivalent operation in Outlook? For example, many of my personal contacts have the home address listed as a business address, which is disrupting a mail merge I'm trying to do. I'd like to move the addresses over "en masse", rather than one at a time for hundreds of contacts.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

PS- I'm a bit familiar with Visual Basic (just a bit), and have used and customized VB code to do other things in Outlook.

Thanks

Re: Swapping data between fields. (Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), Win 98.)

Outlook isn't as good as ACT for what ACT does, and I bet you'll find a lot of missing features. Anyway, the Excel, Access, and VBA solutions to your need are discussed in the thread beginning with Post #113444. (Come to think of it, I don't think I ever got that beer...)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Swapping data between fields. (Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), Win 98.)

Ah, yes - beer. I suspect if we got all the beers we've been promised through the years then we'd be 50lbs heavier and constantly tanked. Gratitude is nice, but it doesn't quench the thirst quite as well as a cold one...