2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Excel Windows (Excel 2000)

Hi,

Interesting thing has happened of late. When I open two Excel spreadsheets, I no longer have two Excel icons on the taskbar (i.e. two instances of Excel running). To switch between the two spreadsheets, I must use the Window menu on the toolbar. I know some people didn't like the change in Excel (and other parts of Office) 2000 where two documents run two instances of the program, but I always found it convenient because I used the Alt+Tab keys to switch back and forth between workbooks for such matters as cutting and pasting data. Now I must laboriously do this via the Window menu in Excel.

I recently installed the Windows 2000 SP3 update, along with the Office 2000 SR3 update. Could one or both of these have caused this to happen? It doesn't seem to be affecting all Office programs, because if I open two Word documents, for example, I still get two Word icons on the task bar. Any ideas? Should I just restore my old image of my drive that just has the Office 2000 SR-1a update?

Thanks for any suggestions.

John DeA

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Excel Windows (Excel 2000)

Goto Tools, Options and in the View tab select Windows in Taskbar, which should restore a tab for each open workbook.

Andrew C

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I often work with several workbooks open and find the following two macros on custom buttons better than the Windows menu to cycle through the workbooks:

Sub NextWorkbook()
    ActiveWindow.ActivateNext
    End Sub

Sub NextWorkbook()
    ActiveWindow.ActivatePrevious
    End Sub

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Keyboard shortcuts to cycle through all open Workbooks are "Control-Tab" and "Control-F6".
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS