Lounger
    Thanks

Strikethrough font (2000 (9.0.2720))

I am trying to use strikethrough font on a report that I created in Access. Conditional formating does not seem to have this format available. Does anyone know how to format text with strkethough font like Excel does?

Thanks,
    Larry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strikethrough font (2000 (9.0.2720))

Strikethrough isn't a font, it's a property, and not one that is exposed in Access. I don't see any purpose to a strikethrough in Access reports anyhow, so maybe you should explain exactly what you're trying to accomplish in this report. Then someone else might be able to suggest an alternative.
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

I am coverting Excel spreadsheets that I work on into Access databases. Access is more efficient for what I need to accomplish in maintaining better records. The strikethrough property is somewhat of a formality that I need to use on legal documents. Sentences on a document need to be present but marked as deleted either with the strikethrough property or greyed out. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks
    Larry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Try this link to FMS - http://www.fmsinc.com/free/demos/index.html

Check out the Total Access Memo. They have a free demo.

Add rich text format (RTF) memo fields to your Access forms and reports with Total Access Memo. Total Access Memo includes a powerful editor to let you apply formatting and styles to your text. The contents are stored in standard rich text format in your table's memo field.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps you could keep the data in an Access database and use mail merge to create documents in Word that use data from the database? That way, you have the best of both worlds - the data management of Access and the formatting of Word.