2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook xp acting really weird (XP/2002)

Please help. I have my Outlook open and minimized and I'm trying to do other work on my pc. Outlook keeps on switching the focus to itself and popping up in the middle of everything. Also, when I do try to use Outlook to create email messages, various dialog boxes and menus keep opening up, unrequested. e.g. The file menu, the create new contact dialog box, and others. Do I have a goblin in my Outlook?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook xp acting really weird (XP/2002)

Taibe, this sounds more like a mouse or keyboard issue, including a variety of potential hardware, software or mouse or keyboard mapping issues. Close OL, and see if the problem continues if you have some other program minimized.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook xp acting really weird (XP/2002)

John,

Thanks for your reply, sorry it took me so long to pursue this. The problem only happens in Outlook - not with any other Office program or any unrelated program. It's hard for me to believe that a hardware issue would only show up in Outlook. I ran a defrag and a disk cleanup and now OL seems to be behaving, so I'll just pray that it continues to do so, for now!

Taibe