3 Mad Ponchos

multiple docs in Word00

Hello,
    An employee here has switched to Word00 and has a tech question that I can't answer, because I haven't been switched yet. He says in Word97 he used to open multiple documents and made them visible in one window, but Word00 doesn't seem to let him do this. I seem to recall something about Word00 changing the way it handles multiple docs, and what he wants to do is no longer supported. Am I right, or is there still a way to do it?

Cheers, 3MP

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multiple docs in Word00

Hi

Up through Word 97, MS used a MDI (Multiple Document Interface). Starting with Office 2000, they created a SDI (Single Document Interface). It's optional in Excel, but mandatory in Word.

Yes, there is a way around it. I actually hated SDI at first, but I've gotten used to it. As a result, I haven't tried this. Try this link <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.officevba.com/features/1999/11/vba199911hk_f/vba199911hk_f.asp>Fighting Desktop Pollution</A>

3 Mad Ponchos

Thanks, that's good stuff!

New Lounger
    Thanks

I havn't been able to acces this site, but another site (http://forums.compuserve.com/gvforum...SEC=7&FID=3675) deals with the same issue and makes a file available for download, which you save into your Word startup directory, to prevent this from occurring, and makes Word 2K act like 97. This file works fine for me.

HTH,
    Katherine