New Lounger
    Thanks

Reply-To field problem (OE6)

Using Win 98 SE and OE 6, current on all service pack updates, whenever I hit reply, my reply-to field puts in the address "nobody@nowhere.com" instead of whoever I'm replying to. It doesn't matter if I hit reply while in the Inbox or in the actual message - still does it. I can't find any settings for this, so how in the world is it pulling that email address, and more importantly, how do I fix it???

Thanks

Re: Reply-To field problem (OE6)

I'm not 100% clear on this. There is a field called Reply-to buried in the headers, which is usually you, and then there is the To field of the reply message, which is the other person. Which one is messed up?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry - it's the "To" field, not my reply-to address. It's as if Outlook can't see the "From" field of the message I received so it doesn't know who to address the reply to, so it defaults to nobody@nowhere.com.

Thanks

Check the raw message (I think it's under File|Properties...) to see if some ISP along the way is helpfully adding nobody@nowhere.com as the Reply-to or Return-path or some such variable. That will override the To field when replying. Can't imagine why this would suddenly start happening, but maybe there is a good explanation.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I checked the File|Properties for the Inbox, incoming messages, and reply messages, and couldn't find anything like that. Oddly enough, the first one I tried to reply to this morning worked correctly - never happened before. All my other messages just reply to nobody@nowhere.com.

Thanks

My only other thought is rules. I've never used rules in OE, just Outlook, but maybe someone else knows if this is a possibility.