5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge failure creating labels (W2K/Office 2K)

I am trying to create labels from my Outlook contacts -i.e driving it from Outlook | Tools | Mail Merge.

<UL><LI>I copied the required contacts into a folder which I created as a sub-folder of Contacts. Folder properties says that it contains Contacts.
    <LI>I customised the view to contain only Full Name and Mailing Address
    <LI>I selected Tools | Mail Merge
    <LI>Options selected on the Mail Merge Contacts form are - Only selected Contacts, Contact Fields in Current View, New Document, Don't save the file, Document Type 'Mailing Labels', Merge to 'New Document'[/list]When I click on OK, I get a message which is headed Microsoft Outlook, and the message is Initialising Microsoft
    A second or two passes and then I get the error which I have attached.

Can any lounger help me get this going, please?
    Thanks
    PS: I thought that there may have been a component omitted when the guys built my PC, so I installed the whole of MS Office Professional through Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs. The error remains!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Silverback

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge failure creating labels (W2K/Office 2K)

I solved this last night thanks to Google. I typed in the error message and Google (love it, love it) found an MS knowledgebase article - Q329820
    The problem turns out to be an interaction with Norton Anti Virus which is trying to check documents.
    Not a very meaningful message, but the workaround stops the problem.
    Cheers
    Silverback