Star Lounger
    Thanks

First record in file updated when new rec added (XP)

I have an issue when adding new invoices into a master file. The record gets added correctly, but the first record gets updated as well. The account number disappears, and the billing date gets updated with the value of the record just entered. Are there any suggestions as to why this erratic behavior is occuring???

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: First record in file updated when new rec added (XP)

We will need to know the details of how you are adding the invoice record to be able to provide much help. Is this being done from a bound form or an unbound form? What kind of code is running when you add a record? What is the primary key of your master file? Any thing you can think of as suspect would also be useful.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: First record in file updated when new rec added (XP)

Wendell, you hit on something I hadn't checked. I am attempting to run with a bound form. When I unbound it (by using input masks and formats to ensure that the correct type of data was being entered, and that it didn't exceed size limitations,etc), the add procedure behaved as it was supposed to.

I am pretty new to the Access programming bit (being only my third attempt overall, and my first using bound forms), so I'll have to study the whole binding subject before attempting it again. Thank you for your response. I hadn't thought of the form being bound as being suspect.