4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Invalid Procedure Call

Error message 'Invalid Procedure Call' (actually in German, I think this is what it translate as).

A customer has just got this error message. My app on my development machine works fine. The app DID work on the users machine until today.
    It is in a button click event and I think probably at a section where some automation code starts. The app is Access 2000 based and automates Word and Outlook.
    My customer is a couple of hours drive away, and I just have access to the server, not this individual PC.

Has anyone got suggestions as to what the error message really means.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Invalid Procedure Call

It probably means they've installed a new program on their computer. The DAO and ADO libraries get stepped on by some other programs that were written to use a particular version, so start by asking them if they've installed anything new, including service packs or "little" utilities.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nothing installed etc...
    However it works today without a problem!
    I just love Microsoft products (!)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sounds like a Windows hiccup then. Isn't it amazing what a reboot will cure?
    Charlotte

vernonh

I have a similar situation with Word97 VBA. The Templates are stored on the local servers(12) for users across the state; the files that are manipulated are maintained on a remote server; the generated files are stored on each user's local C: drive.

After experiencing no problems running the macros in Word97, under Window95, we began to experience an error on some, but not all, PCs. When attempting to open a document, we receive the following: "Could not open macro storage".

I find that there is an admitted bug in Windows2000; but nothing about the same situation in Windows 95/Word97. Any suggestions?