Star Lounger
    Thanks

Poor text in LCD with Ge Force 4 card

Am having trouble adjusting my geforce 4 ti4200 for text. It is part of a new system the 2.66ghz Medion machine, loaded being sold at Aldi Grocers????for $899, with a 120 seagate HD. Am using a Medion(German company) 17

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Poor text in LCD with Ge Force 4 card

I tried looking up their flat panels on the Medion website, but they don't post any information. What I'm curious about is the native resolution for your flat panel. Flat panel LCDs tend to display best in that resolution, and have convergence problems like the one you described when running in another resolution. I doubt that it's a driver issue with the Ti 4200, but you could try updating the drivers to see if it helps.

Another pertinent piece of information here is the type of connection between the video card and the display: is it a DVI connector, or a standard SVGA cable like those used on CRT/analog displays?

Did this problem exist before you enabled ClearType? And have you contacted Medion to see if they can provide some assistance? I'd definitely be on the manufacturer's tail if I spent my cash on a product that didn't perform as I expected.
    -Mark

Star Lounger
    Thanks

set for native resolution 1024 x768. Using driver 4.1.0.9 (11/02)on GE Force. Monitor listed as 'standard monitor plug and play.' Has DVI connector. Maybe I am just too fussy looking at a new machine and new LCD. It is not really bad just want to be sure it is set up correctly.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I would not accept "standard Plug and Pray" for the monitor. There should have been a disk with the monitor and it should set the monitor as the default type. On my Samsung it made a big difference.

Thanks

Definitely should not be listed as "standard P&P" monitor. Medion should have it's own drivers and it should show up as that type.

Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Picture getting better. Found the driver for the Medion monitor. Got a freeware program ClearTweak which helps you set the contrast and brightness for the LCD. There is also a MS site that does a similar thing. Both use Clear Type.