3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hotmail/Passport login problem (IE6 on WinXPPro SP-1)

I have a problem logging in to Hotmail. When I try to go to the login page, I get a blank screen as the page tries to load, but it never does. I have found that if I first delete all hotmail, msn, and passport cookies before I try to go the log-in page I can then log in, assuming I accept the new cookies. But it is a pain to have to do this before every time. Anyone else have this problem?

Fafner

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hotmail/Passport login problem (IE6 on WinXPPro SP-1)

I think I have the same problem--I've been having problems this week with Hotmail logon and with the MSNBC.com newsmenu, and I think it's because of javascript. I get a page saying that javascript must be enabled.
    I've been through the Outlook express tools /Internet options / Advanced and also those available in Internet Express and under Microsoft VM I enabled the three java options, but still have the problem. I can't get maps from Yahoo maps and other sites just don't work, usually when you have to hit a button.
    I'm just starting to work on this and don't know if I'm on the right track or not. Help!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hotmail/Passport login problem (IE6 on WinXPPro SP-1)

It doesn't seem that javascript could be the problem, since I can log on after deleting stored cookies and accepting new ones. But why would cookies on my hard drive block a page from loading?

Fafner