3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Special Project (Photos)

I have scanned some very old photos from a book and have taken the same photograph and now want to make a type of e-album where the user can click on the orig (c1900) photo and it will change to the 2002 year photo with an MS PowerPoint like transition. I have the necessary application to do just that but would like some advice regarding making the images match as closely as possibly.

For instance, I can identify certain common points of reference in both photos and then determine the scaling that is needed to match those points (including the angle of the join line).

My question is 'Are there any applications that could make the matching of the images a little easier?'

Thanks, Leigh

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Special Project (Photos)

If you want to see how NOT to do it, take a peek at one of my web pages. I did that picture a few years ago and used a piece of software called Easy Morph which you can find here.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks BigAl... The effect you achieved is sort of what I am after. I'll take a look at Easy Morph and report back ASAP.
    Leigh

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Having never played with morphing tools before, any suggestions as to likely problems, etc? I had a look at Easy Morph and it seems pretty powerful (even the low res samples were OK). Details at Easy Morph.

I think the morphing route will solve the problem of the photos not being exactly the same focal length, etc but I will still try to make them the same size so the effect is as the viewer would expect. Stay tuned!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah, it was fun doing that picture and the software is pretty easy to learn. The major "constructive criticism" I got from a couple of our web graphic designers at work was that my image "moves" downward because I didn't get the beginning and ending shot sized just right AND in the right perspective.. Hope it works out for you. I don't know if there are any other morphing programs out there better suited to what you want to do. I found this one with a little ol' Google search.