3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Auto Notification (OL2000)

I have created and published a custom form (based upon a Post ) to a public folder which works fine. What I wanted to happen was that each time this form was posted, that an email notification to a distribution list be sent out. I can not use a third party add-in. I couldn't get the mail rules (server side) nor the folder assistant rules to accomplish this task.

This isn't exactly what I wanted, but it works pretty close. On the custom form, in design mode, on the Action tab, I created a New action:
    Action name Notification
    Creates form of type Message
    Addresses form like Forward
    When responding attach link to original message.

To make this a perfect world, I would like it so when the user clicks the Notification button, when the message opens, the To field is already populated with the distribution list addy. Can I do this via script?

I apologize in advance if this post is redundant. I have searched on this board, the internet, the KB but didn't find much out there. I am fairly proficient with Excel but am a newbie to Exchange/Outlook. Thanks,

Brent

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto Notification (OL2000)

We pretty frequently use the folder Properties | Administration | Folder Assistant to send an email template to a distribution list. What about it is not working for you?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

From what I can see, the mail rules and the folder assistant require some value in some field to trigger the rule(s). We need to trigger the rule whenever any item is posted to this PF. In the shower this morning I thought about adding a field to the custom form, setting the visable property to false, setting a default value and using this field to trigger the rule.

Thanks for the response.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I can see why you'd think that. But you can actually leave it blank and it will then trigger for all postings. (This is true of the rules wizard too).