Star Lounger
    Thanks

e-mail (Access 97)

I have a database which creates reports based on parameters which are changed daily. User now wishes to send these reports by e-mail, and automate, as she has 30 or so to do in a day. Have only done this before by exporting as rtf and attaching to an e-mail. Can anyone help me towards doing this more elegantly? Any articles, advice, etc?

Many thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: e-mail (Access 97)

There are several methods for sending e-mails automatically. One is the DoCmd.SendObject method. Look up SendObject in the online help. The general form is:

DoCmd.SendObject ObjectType, ObjectName, OutputFormat, To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, MessageText, EditMessage, TemplateFile

All arguments are optional. They can be literal values or variables with a value that you assemble in code.

If you use Outlook, you can use Automation to control it. If you do a search in this forum, you'll find lots of examples, for instance <post#=133130>post 133130</post#>, <post#=158114>post 158114</post#> and <post#=169903>post 169903</post#>.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: e-mail (Access 97)

Hi Hans, thanks for this - I had picked up the FAQ sheet on Automation but there are bits of the code I don't understand yet. Will look up the messages you have pointed out.

Kind regards.