New Lounger
    Thanks

No HTML and Trusted Sites (OE 6 and Outlook 2000,2002)

Hi All!

I have been wanting to cut down on some of the Spam and virus files messages that come through, as well as protect from future ones. I would like to toughen up Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2000 and 2002. I have for a long time run outlook express and outlook in the "restricted zone" then in Internet explorer I "disable" every thing under the restricted zone category. This helps allot cutting the scripts. Then I noticed the new feature in OE under Tools>Options>Read and "read all messages in plain text" that should keep images from being downloaded from websites and help out. To make things harder, I want to trust a certain domain or ip address so they CAN send me an html document. Is there a way to keep restricted sites, and plain text, yet still get an HTML email from a specific domain? We have been debating turning off the preview pane all together, but that would really hurt functionality. Thanks in Advance.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No HTML and Trusted Sites (OE 6 and Outlook 2000,2002)

no, there is no exception list for plain text/html.

you can add a tool bar buttom for preview - turn it off to delete mail by header, on to read.

also, if you have the latest IE and OL patches, scripting isn't a worry in any of the mail clients. Web bugs (images that can tell the spammer someone viewed the message) will still load though - i can't remember if WYB (http://www.grinningshark.com, for outlook only) can stop web bugs without ruining the view of the message.

The best spam and virus protection is a server filter (both content and virus), if that is beyond your control, then mailwasher or a similar antispam utility to scan the mail before it's downloaded - and up to date virus scanner on your computer.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No HTML and Trusted Sites (OE 6 and Outlook 2000,2002)

I use Mailwasher and its brilliant, simple, free and eliminates unwanted mail. Try it!