Results 1 to 1 of 1
2002-12-10, 18:20 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2001
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dial-up Connection Icon not displaying - NetZero (Win XP Pro, Sp1)
Thought I'd share this in case someone else has the same problem.
Thanks for taking the time to write to NetZero e-mail support.
I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing the dial-up connection icon when you connect to NetZero using Windows XP. Unfortunately, this is a known problem with NetZero and Windows XP that we'll hope to fix in a later version of the NetZero software. In the meantime, here's a work-around you can try if you want to see the dial-up connection icon in your system tray:
1. Click on the Windows "Start" button and select "Control Panel."
2. Double-click the "Network Connections" icon.
3. Find the NetZero icon and right click it. Select "Properties."
4. At the bottom of the "General" tab, click on the box next to "Show icon in notification area when connected."
5. Click "OK."
The next time you log on to NetZero, the dial-up connection icon will appear in your system tray. Unfortunately, this setting is reset each time you log on to NetZero, so you will have to follow these steps every time you log on to keep the functionality. (Note from LMD - these sentences are a paradox, don't you think?)
If you have any further questions, feel free to reply to this message and either myself or another support agent will try to help you.
NetZero Customer Care