New Lounger
    Thanks

learning macros (excel/word 2002)

I want to learn how to create and use macros and i am looking for suggestions on where a beginner can learn macros whether it be books, articles, etc.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: learning macros (excel/word 2002)

There is a lot of good information in the Excel forum here.
    Legare Coleman

Thanks

Have you any experience at all?
    There are a couple of posts I found (searching on Starposts) that give you your first steps in Word and Excel.
    Is there anything specific you want to achieve? - or do you just want to learn the basics?

Lounger
    Thanks

I've just started to learn about macros and VBA. I'd recommend "Word 2000 Developer's Handbook" by Guy Hart-Davis for Word 2000. It a huge book--1250 pages--but quite readable, and it walks you through the basics. I think there's an earlier version for Word 97. The list price is $75.00 Cdn ($49.99 US, 36.99 UK). I paid about $20.00 Cdn on sale. I've noticed it's available at Half Price Computer Books in Vancouver at 50% off. I believe they ship to the US.
    I'm also using Microsoft's Office 2000 Visual Basic For Applications Fundamentals. It's a Step-by-Step type of book that includes exercises on CD-ROM. There are exercises for all the applications in Office 2000 Professional. It lists at $60.00 Cdn. I found a remaindered copy for $20.00 Cdn at local store.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

See the list of Word VBA books at my URL.