Lounger
    Thanks

automatic sendmail question (Outlook 2002)

I have created a program which sends an email automaticlly to certain recipients.Now we wish to send this without being attended by anybody.

Currently it is asking a question 'Application is sending mail , do u wish to allow" . I do not want this question to come . What do i do to prevent this question .

Regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: automatic sendmail question (Outlook 2002)

Perhaps Redemption will save you. If you do a search for Redemption in this Forum, you'll find threads dealing with sending/accessing e-mail from code.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the feedback . I see this code relevant to me .

dim SafeItem, oItem
    set SafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") 'Create an instance of Redemption.SafeMailItem
    set oItem = Application.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message
    SafeItem.Item = oItem 'set Item property
    SafeItem.Recipients.Add "somebody@somewhere.com"
    SafeItem.Recipients.ResolveAll
    SafeItem.Subject = "Testing Redemption"
    SafeItem.Send

For this purpose , I have to use the redemption dll . I believe there is a way one can do it directly in outlook. I want to know that.
    Any help in that respect will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Microsoft has locked down two of your three options, Outlook's native object model, and the Collaboration Data Objects library (CDO). The other way is to program directly to Extended MAPI. From what I have read, this is considered difficult going from VB; most of the documentation and code samples are for C/C++. If you go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/ and search on MAPI, you probably can get into the thick of it quite quickly. Not sure how long it will take to build a solution.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

you can either use redemption to provide an interface to the deeper mapi code needed or use click yes, a scripting program that presses the buttons for you.

if you are going to deploy the program i recommend redemption to provide easy access to the mapi calls, unless you want to do the mapi programming yourself. click yes works well on your own desktop though.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>From what I have read, this is considered difficult going from VB; <hr>
    this is precisely why redemption was born - to provide developers who have no mapi knowledge access to the mapi calls.

Thanks

And it looks like a great product, although I haven't tried it myself. I may have to, because I'm getting really tired of giving my own macro permission to add a BCC to my outgoing messages!

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to all for contributing their valuable inputs .Here are my test results.

1. On outlook 2002 , redemption does not work . I think redemption also is aware of the same.
    2.On outlook 2000 , it did work partially . I could successfully send the email without any question asked . However I could not attach a file . Anyway I will create a hyperlink for the attachment and send the mail to the concerned person. However is there a way to add an attachment using redemption.

Also u mention of using click yes scripting . Can u shed some light on this (how to do this , how to activate shell script when the question is asked ). Imagine a situation that this mails are created automatically in night based on inputs from ERP package program which runs at night without anybody present at that time.