Lounger
    Thanks

Another Hyperlink Cell Question (97/SR2)

Having now put my hyperlinks into my spreadsheet, I am now experiencing another problem. The application that I am hyperlinking to has a password access. For each cell that has been hyperlinked a new window is opened. Is there anyway that I can get excel to open the next hyperlinked cell in the same window as the previous one, so that I only have to enter the password once rather than for every hyperlink?

Cheers

Angus

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Another Hyperlink Cell Question (97/SR2)

I have been doing some further investigation of this and it appears as though the question I wanted to ask was how in excel 97 do I get the system to open the link in the same IE window rather than in a new window. The options that I have seen put forward is to get the my computer/view/file types and then select the option "Browse in Same Window" for excel. In my situation the option to select this is not there. I am not sure now if this is an IE problem. It also appears that for excel 2000 you can do this selection of browser windows because of a SDI option?

Cheers
    Angus

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Another Hyperlink Cell Question (97/SR2)

Have given up with trying to resolve this issue with the use of Excel 97 and I am going to utilise Excel 2000 which does not exhibit the problem.

Cheers

Angus