New Lounger
    Thanks

White frame around background

I do printed Ppt presentations and have tried using different backgrounds. They always look good on the screen, but print out with a white background. How can I get rid of the white background?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: White frame around background

Check your print options (File | Print). It sounds like the 'Grayscale' tick box is set. Unset it to print in full colour.
    Alternatively, the 'Pure Black and White' tick box might be set in which case you have to unset that box, then unset the Grayscale tick box (Setting Pure black and White also sets the Grayscale box and greys it out)
    Hmmmm - a greyed out Grayscale box. Of course - what other colour would one use?
    HTH
    Silverback

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your efforts, however the problem is not solved. I would like to explain the problem in more detail.

I wish to have a slide with a background pattern. In order to do this, I follow these steps:

format / background / click on arrow below background fill / fill effects / texture (select any texture) / OK / apply

You should now have a texture on a slide. If you print this without "pure black and white" or "grascale" selected, you will have a white border around the texture.

If you select "scale to fit paper", the border will be smaller, but still there.

If you change the "slides sized for" box to "custom" and change the margins to 11 x 8.5, the border will be smaller still, but still there.

I cannot get rid of it. Any other suggestions.
    Thank you

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK - I see what you are on about now and I don't know how to get rid of this. I have always assumed that this was a function of printers in that they cannot print right to the edges of the paper.
    If it can be done, this is the forum to get the answer!
    Sorry I can't help
    Silverback

Thanks

I'm going to agree with Brian and his printers comment.
    Except, check your page setup dialog. I've found that sometimes the wrong page setup can leave a border.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you all for your help.

I am going to experiment with the presentation in Microsoft Publisher. There has to be a way!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If it's good on the screen it's usually in the print settings, of course.

Usually something like that can be rectified at the Tools/Options/backgroud printing (toggle on)
    or in your printer driver..

Naturally, your printer settings could derail the whole thing by printing pure black and white.

You may also want to investigate your master slide and make sure everything in there is hunky dory too.