New Lounger
    Thanks

combining PST and contacts (Office xp)

God help us MS Activesync users who use a pocketpc to sync contacts across 2 pcs!!!!

any help is most apprecited:

1) Outlook lets me add people who send me an email to either my contacts list, or my personal address book - confusing. why would I want 2? I save all outlook email to a local folder so I'm not dependant on an exchange connection to open outlook and see my email. that works ok.

2) since I use activesync with a pocketpc phone to sync contacts between 2 computers, now I have 2 contact lists, plus a personal address book. When I want to copy those contacts (from one of those 3 places into groove, good luck!) syncing is a nightmare.

WHAT I WANT TO DO IS:
    1) have ONE contacts list, remove all users from personal address book and put them into my contacts list
    2) have activesync sync the SAME contacts list and not keep a seperate one on each PC.

life would be good. but right now it is a joke - when I add a new contact, if there is an existing one, outlook asks if I want to update the existing contact, i say yes... but when I pull it up in my contacts list it doesn't have the updated info - must have combined with a personal address book, which I don't even need. I could scream.

any ideas? I'm trying to simplify things and MS makes it REAL hard to do that and manage one simple contact list.

Thanks....

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: combining PST and contacts (Office xp)

Tidying Office contacts lists is simply a matter of deleting the ones you don't want.

Start by dragging all the addresses you want to keep into the 'contacts' folder - its the place Outlook prefers to use.

Then go to tools > address book >Tools > options and organize from there

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: combining PST and contacts (Office xp)

Thanks - I'll give that a shot. The real problem is I can't tell which contacts list they are coming from.

I got rid of the personal address book (WAB), but still have 2 contacts folders that activesync is merging and duplicating..... but I'll work with it....
    Thanks,
    Cory