New Lounger
    Thanks

FP form duplicates on browser (FP 2002)

I just spent 5 hours wrestling with this situation, THEN thought of the Lounge!

My boss wants me to send out a "customer survey" to our internal, IT customers. We are all on Exchange/Outlook (a well run shop, we are a large company). I created a three-question form, linked it properly to a "redirector" and to a second half of the survey all operated from the web server. It works great on the server.

My boss wants to send the first page of the survey as an email (in IE, File/Send>Page as Message), and then have the Submit button take us dutifully through the redirector to the second page of the survey. He does not want to send a link to the survey's first page. The problem is that when I click on the email "submit" button, it opens IE as it should, but it opens PAGE 1 of the survey instead of redirecting to page 2. You may sense my frustration WITHOUT exclamation points.

Any help in here?

Thanks

Re: FP form duplicates on browser (FP 2002)

What is the ACTION= parameter in your FORMS tag in the e-mail? Assuming for a moment no interference from security settings, you should be able to make it the same as your survey page 1 on the web server. If you're already doing that, it's possible that Outlook security is blocking the submit action, or submitting an empty form. Would that cause page 1 to display, if it was submitted empty?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FP form duplicates on browser (FP 2002)

Just a quick update: as it worked out, there is SOME SETTING on my Outlook 2002 or IE 6.x which is causing my computer to misdirect the form to open instead of going to the redirector page. I tested this out on eight (8) other computers, and NO ONE had the discrepancy I had. SO I had my boss send the survey; he's a happy camper, and therefore, so am I. Thanks for your input. I did check the flag on the ACTION=, and it said action="--WEBBOT-SELF--". Our local expert said, "Oh, that's something Front Page puts in there..., don't worry about it...." So much for understanding the details. Any way, it worked! You deserve your WMVP to browse on the weekend.