2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Get out of Text Box (Word 97 )

I recently setup a page that had a couple of text boxes on it. I now wanted to add some text below the boxes but could not find the way to do it.

Help Please !

Thanks in Advance.
    Win 8, Firefox 16.0.2, Thunderbird 15.0.2

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Get out of Text Box (Word 97 )

Hello Halek,

I'm not sure whether you want to get to the area beind the text box, or a paragraph following it.

If it's the former, you should be able to navigate to the spot you want behind the text box via the arrow keys. Just select anywhere outside the text box and navigate from there. Alternatively, the text box is probably set to 'in front of text', so try temporarily changing the text box to one of the other options (eg: 'in line with text', 'square' or 'tight', though, not 'behind text'). Then, when you've finished editing, restore the 'in front of text' setting.

If the problem is the latter, I'd say you've made the text box so large that you can't get to the underlying page. In this case you could temporarily re-size the text box, making it small enough to give access to the page behing it, or you could use the same alternative approach that I outlined above.

Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Get out of Text Box (Word 97 )

Thanks for your input, it got me where I needed to be.
    I had started with a empty page, so I needed to add a string of empty lines to get one below the text box that I could then access.

Thanks for your help !!
    Win 8, Firefox 16.0.2, Thunderbird 15.0.2