New Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to open address book in mail merge

At Mail Merge/Open Data Source/Use Address Book the following Error Message
    appears: MAPI error

"An internal support function returned an error"

followed by Help :

"Word was unable to open the data source"

The problem continues also following making Outlook the default e-mail program instead of Outlook Express 5.5, after restarting my PC and even after uninstalling (but w/o use of Eraser) and reinstalling Office (in CW).

Making Outlook the default in Internet Only configuration did solve the problem. However, I prefer CW in order to be able to use MS Fax.

My setup: Office 2000/Windows 98, both Hebrew-enabled-support. I have a single service profile containing MS Fax (if installed, but the merge problem also occurs without MS Fax), Outlook Address Book and Personal Folders. The Contacts folder which was originally imported from the Outlook Express 5.5 address book, has been made to "show
    as an e-mail address book".

NOTE: By the way, this might be related: When MS Fax is installed, I can only fax by manually inserting the tel/fax #. When I try to do this via the address book with the fax #, even in exactly same format, the fax starts dialing the number, activates the modem, but thereafter changes to "Idle" without completing. I have tried changing the fax # in Address Book/Contacts by all kinds of formats at no avail.

Please indicate a solution for my Merge and fax problem(s). I dread using Eraser after uninstalling Office, but if this would guarantee a solution........ (I have checked all known troubleshooting and support sites
    such as MS Office's site, MVP, Vivisimo, Slipstick for a solution)

Please answer this!!!

With thanks,
    [img]/S/new.gif[/img]

BAM

Re: Unable to open address book in mail merge

Hi James,

See if this article from the MS KB sheds some light on anything:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q224/0/56.ASP>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q224/0/56.ASP</A>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cheers!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unable to open address book in mail merge

Thanks!!

However, I know this article and checked all its suggestions. They do not apply to my case (except for the cahnge in e-mail client to Outlook, as I did before)

Any other suggestions??