4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Colour of the Tab Control in a form

This is a very minor question in terms of importance, but I thought I might have overlooked something that is staring me in the face:

I'm using Access 97 and have a form that was getting a bit full, so I put in a tab control. I went a little overboard with trying to brighten the lives of our data inputters and the standard grey doesn't match the rest of the form. I have searched through the properties & only found a transparent setting. Is there a way of changing the colour of the tab control?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Colour of the Tab Control in a form

Hi Phil: I've never found a way to change the colour of tab. What I have done in the past is insert a graphic on the tab. There was a discussion at This Thread with some sample code.
    [img]/S/smile.gif[/img]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Brian, I missed that original post.

However, I was thinking more of the whole tab page/box section of the form, not just the actual tab at the top of the page. As there is not an option to change the actual tab at the top, I will assume there is not an option to change the whole tab page.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you change the backcolor of the form and make the tab control transparent, that accomplishes the same thing. You would still have the tab strip in gray, but you can at least hide that by putting a subform control on the form and sizing it to cover the gray strip. Then set the backcolor of the subform to the same color as the form background and it will hide the gray tab strip.
    Charlotte