New Lounger
    Thanks

10/16/02 Patch (Word 97)

In WOW 7.56 Woody says:

3. SO WHERE'S THE OCTOBER 16, 2002 PATCH FOR OFFICE 97? I just went to the Office Update site, http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/default.aspx , asked
    for a list of all the Office 97 updates, and the October 16, 2002 patch (http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q330080 ) wasn't even mentioned.

I thought I was the only one who searched through all the links and couldn't find the patch. Still can't. Does anyone have the URL so I can download it? Thanks. I tried using the Board's search function, but must be doing something wrong -- so I'm sorry if it's archived somewhere and I'm missing it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 10/16/02 Patch (Word 97)

Does <!post=this post, 197499>this post<!/post> help? (I haven't tried it myself)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks -- I've been offline for a few days.

Would you believe I tried the URL MarkU posted and got the message "System cannot find the path specified." I guess Microsoft really doesn't want me to have the patch.

Were you able to download it or copy it to a folder? I'm beginning to think I'm becoming more and more computer illiterate the longer I use one.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Eileen,

As I mentioned in my reply, I hadn't tried it myself.

You'll probably have to contact Microsoft Support by phone and be very, very patient and very, very polite but very, very persistent.