2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report Formatting (Access 2000)

I have a report in which I would like the fields of one of the group footers to either appear or not appear based on another field
    Easy Access

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Report Formatting (Access 2000)

I don't understand what you mean by a blank space in the middle of your report - do you mean some lines have been skipped at the bottom of a group footer? If so you could set the size of the text field to 0 and let it grow when populated, and also set the group footer to a zero height and set it's Can Grow property to Yes as well. I don't know of any way to add or remove fields from a report on the fly in the OnFormat event.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you would like to hide *all* fields in the group footer based on some criteria, you can set the Visible property of the section to False, or you can set Cancel to True in the OnFormat or OnPrint event of the section.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have a report that contains a field in the page header called "Document Type". When the value of this field is "Document Type", I would like 9 of the 10 fields in a group footer called "Tax Footer" to not be visible. Since the 1 field that I want to be visible is not in the upper left corner of the group footer there is a "blank space" where all the other fields are now invisible, as there are other footers that follow.

I want Access to format only the 1 field for the Tax Footer when the document type is Document Retrieval.
    Easy Access

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Set the CanShrink property of both the group footer section and of all the controls in that section to True.
    Arrange the controls in the section to have no vertical overlap.
    The height of the section will be determined by the height of the visible controls plus the vertical space not occupied by any control.
    So if you arrange them as shown in the attached screenshot, making some of the controls invisible should result in the minimum possible height of the section.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (1.6 KB, 0 views)