New Lounger
    Thanks

Drop Down Boxes (Excel 2000)

I inherited a spreadsheet that contains drop down boxes. These are not form or control box combo boxes. I need to edit the data that appears in the drop down boxes but cannot figure out how to do this. Could someone please look at the attached file and tell me how to edit / alter / change the drop down boxes and the data that appears in these boxes.

Thank you.

Graham
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drop Down Boxes (Excel 2000)

I am not sure how to modify the drop downs, but the data seems to be coming from the lists at the right.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

The "drop down boxes" are actually data validation. Select one of them, for example, B7, then from the menu choose Data | Validation. In this case you will see that the data comes from $I$6:$I$13, so if you change/add to this list, it will automatically change the list that appears in the drop-down. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

BTW, each of your worksheets had junk in the code, so you get the Enable macros alert when you open the workbook. If you right-click on a sheet tab and select view code, then select the two lines of code and delete them, the macro prompt will go away. Do this for each of the three worksheets. See attached. --Sam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

New Lounger
    Thanks

This is amazing. I spent a large part of the morning reading everything in the help files about combo boxes and drop down boxes before making a posting. In 30 minutes you solved the problem with the Data Validation AND removed the macros.

Thank you