2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Percentage label in a pivot chart (xp)

Does somebody know how to display the percentage label in a pie chart generated by a pivot chart?
    I am not sure if this option exists, I can display the data label but not the percentage.

Marcel

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Percentage label in a pivot chart (xp)

I don't think I understand - are you refering to the legend that describes what data is represented by a particular segment, or to the actual percentage value for that segment? By default, I believe the percentage is displayed in the pie segment. The legend on the other hand can be turned on and off with the Show Legend button on the PivotChart toolbar.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am referring to the actual percentage value for each segment. I can't have this percentage displayed, by default I have no data at all. Then I use the property of the chart area and I choose the series area by double clicking in the pie chart and select the add data label, the only label that seems available is the value data (amount in $ in my case) but not the percentage.
    As I said I use a pivot table inserted in a form linked with a selection query.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Sorry - I hadn't connected the two threads. Are you trying to modify the design of the form on the fly using VBA? If you simply embed the chart in the form in design view, it should display what ever data your crosstab / pivot table produces, and by default the percentages should be visible when you switch to form view. I suspect there is something I still don't understand however - can you further clarify your approach?
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have attached a word file with 3 screens that show the process. I don't use VBA and unfortunately the percent label doesn't seem to be the default for a pie pivot chart. I am wondering if this optionj is available.
    I wish you a Merry Christmas.
    Marcel
    Attached Files Attached Files