Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook not closing (2000 sr3)

First I do not run Outlook all the time. I start it when I want to check mail then close it. I have done this for years. Lately, sometimes, when I close Outlook is apparently doesn't close. When I try to open it again it won't and I find it in running processes. This does not happen all the time just about 1/3 of the time. Also, I use online backup and when Outlook has failed to close completely the back up software cannot access the .pst file so no backup of that file occurs. I have applied the latest patch to fix the 100% cpu usage problem. I think the patch may have caused this problem.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Outlook not closing (2000 sr3)

This has been normal since Outlook 98. There are several things that will keep Outlook running, including but not limited to, fax software, Palm or Pocket PC interface and some times it (outlook) is just not ready to shut down. Before you do any back ups you need to KILL ALL proccesses that are not needed.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook not closing (2000 sr3)

I think you may be on to something. I just noticed that it did not completely close just now. I wrote a reply to an e-mail and sent it and immediately shut down outlook before it had a chance to check for incomming mail. Pehaps I should be a bit less quick on the clicker. Thanks